1. Take Care of Yourself – If you do not feel well then you will not be able to work well or provide the best care possible to your patient. Go to the doctor regularly, get enough sleep, and remember that you can’t do it all and that’s ok.
2. Ask for Help – Don’t be afraid to ask for help or resources that can help you and your client.
3. Manage Your Stress – Try yoga, go for a walk, or simply keep up with an activity that relieves your stress. Talk to someone if you need to and let it all out.
4. Value Yourself – You are an essential part of Home Health Care and without you home health agencies would not exist. Make sure that you take time for yourself and your family.
5. Connect with Other Caregivers – There are many other men and women who provide the same services and assistance that you do. Connect with them and create a support system!